- Toyota Techstream is a diagnostic and customization software for use with Toyota, Lexus, and Scion car models. Toyota developed Techstream for internal use and for customers who want to be a little more hands-on when dealing with their car.
- The Techstream Software can save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars over your vehicle’s lifetime. Not just that, but even more over your own life if you keep your vehicle purchases within the Toyota family.
- It cast cost upward of a couple of hundred bucks just to get your car hooked up to this kind of software at an auto dealer garage. Most of the time, it’s just a sensor going haywire or something else insignificant that ends up costing many times more than it should.
What Can Techstream Do for You?
Toyota Techstream is designed to connect and interact with your car’s internal computers. The first significant and obvious use is to diagnose issues with your vehicle’s function. It will read the sensors and notify you of any errors it picks up by providing you with an error code. When you look up the code, you’ll have a better understanding of what is wrong with your car.
It may end up being something you can fix yourself, from adding some type of fluid to simply changing a fuse. No need to break the bank for something like that. Even if it’s something you can’t do yourself, at least you’ll know exactly what you need when you take it to the shop.
Diagnostics isn’t all that Techstream software can do. You have a vast array of settings with which to tinker and change. Don’t want your doors to lock automatically lock when you start driving? Turn that feature off. You can also set whether you want your car to illuminate when you open the doors, or if you want the windows to roll down when you unlock the doors.
You can program new keys and reprogram your old ones. Choose how your key buttons function for a completely personalized experience. You can even shut off the seatbelt alarm, but we recommend not doing that for obvious reasons.
How to Use Toyota Techstream
Techstream is designed to be simple to use, and anyone can do it. Most versions only require a pc (preferably a laptop), the Techstream software itself, and a special mini VCI cable that will often come with the software when you buy it.
Pop the disc into your computer, plug one end of your cable into that same computer, and plug the other end into the matching port underneath your car’s dash. The port is usually located below the steering wheel.
You might need to disable your antivirus for the software to install correctly because it’s been reported that many of those programs get triggered by Toyota Techstream as a false positive. After waiting for the cable drivers and software to install, you’re ready to go.
Best Toyota Techstream Software
Toyota Techstream is available from a variety of manufacturers in different formats and functions. It virtually the same underlying software, but there are some differences. If you want something full-featured, it might be a bit more challenging to use, while simple iterations could be lacking certain features.
DIAGKING Mini Vci J2534 TIS Techstream Firmware V1.4.1
- If you know less of the car & computer knowledge and don't...
- Firmware Version: 1.4.1.Support models: Toyota/Lexus....
- Supports Windows 7/8/10.Please do not update the software by...
- Support diagnostic communication protocols needed for Toyota...
Last update on 2021-04-29 at 01:55
Where the DIAGKING Techstream software really shines is the area of customer service. They know that many people out there aren’t that comfortable with unfamiliar technology and probably don’t have the knowledge to troubleshoot and issues that pop up.
They go so far as to provide remote assistance to you and will even access your computer to change any required settings to get the program working correctly. Some people might be nervous about letting someone else access their computer, but the customer service is very professional, and you should have nothing to worry about. If it does bother you, try using an old beater laptop or password protecting any sensitive files or information.
The DIAGKING Toyota Techstream works with any Toyota or Lexus model from 1996 onward. They explicitly state that your antivirus will get in the way of operations, so make sure it’s disabled before installing this software.
Washinglee Diagnostic VCI J2534 Cable for Toyota Lexus Scion. Supporting TIS Techstream and 32/64 bit Windows
- ［Application scenes］- Work for Toyota, Lexus and Scion...
- ［Converter Cable］- Washinglee mini VCI J2534 cable....
- ［Protocols Supported］- Support all the diagnostic...
- ［APP and OS Supported］- Support all versions of TIS...
Last update on 2021-05-17 at 21:45
The Washinglee Techstream software is a much newer version and will have more compatibility for more modern models but perhaps less so for older models. It works with any Toyota, Lexus, or scion model made between 1998 and 2018.
There are actually a few different software version packaged together here for maximum compatibility. A few older models will work better with other versions. Two versions of the software can be used out of the box, but to use the newest version you’ll need to install it and provide the generated software ID to the seller. They’ll get back to you within one day with the registration code.
Unlike other versions of Toyota Techstream, the Washinglee can be used on a PC running antivirus. You might still receive a warning, but it can be ignored and won’t interfere with the program’s functions.
Washinglee also provides remote assistance provided you’re ok with someone remotely accessing your computer. If you’re tech-savvy, you can fix most problems by yourself, but it’s nice to know the option is there.
Autel AutoLink AL319 OBD2 Scanner Automotive Engine Fault Code Reader
- [FOR END USER & DIYERS] This error code reader is “plug...
- [TURN OFF CEL] This car diagnostic tool supports Reading...
- [EXTENSIVE APPLICATION] Compatible with 7 languages...
- [USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN] This check engine code reader...
Last update on 2021-05-17 at 22:17
The Autel Autolink is not actually Techstream, but it’s an alternative that should be seriously considered. It’s by far the most user-friendly out of those we’ve mentioned, and you don’t even need a PC. No installing software, no worrying about antivirus conflictions, and no need to allow a stranger to access your computer.
The Auel Autolink is an all-in-one diagnostic solution. All you need to do is plug it in and read what’s on screen. It will give you all applicable error codes, letting you know what’s wrong without any expensive bills. The customization options are absent here because it’s only meant to diagnose.
Unlike Toyota Techstream, the Autel Autolink works with any OBD II compatible car. That includes most of the word’s top manufacturers, which means it will be useful to a more significant percentage of the population.
We don’t know how the dealer garages can get away with charging such exorbitant amounts of money just to hook your car up to a machine for a minute. Show them you won’t stand for it any longer. The options mentioned above are the best of the best out of countless variations we’ve tested. Pick one up now to save money and gain valuable knowledge about your vehicles overall health.
Free Download Toyota TIS Techstream Softwear
- Free Download Toyota TIS Techstream V14.00.018 here
- Free Download Toyota TIS Techstream V14.10.028 here
- Free Download Toyota TIS Techstream V14.20.019 here