- If you are an American citizen, you know that Assurance Wireless is an MVNO, which falls under the federal program called Lifeline Assistance program by Virgin Mobile.
- These government phones are an excellent way to keep the low-income-earners connected and make emergency calls, look for employment, and get access to any help they may need. This program consists of an offer of a free phone, monthly 350 talk minutes, 2 GB data, and unlimited texting to low-income households.
- Today, the state of the economy means more people are having a hard time, and over in low-income families, over 75% have at least one full-time working member. Most of these people have employers who do not pay them a living wage, meaning they may work for over 40 hours and still fall in the poverty line.
- The Lifeline Assistance program started way back in 1985, and they revamped the program to include cell phones. As smartphones emerged, they were included in the program. This allows low-income earners to enjoy similar benefits from phone service with other customers across all the states.
In this article you will learn:
What carrier does Assurance Wireless use?
Assurance Wireless is a part of Virgin mobile and uses the Sprint towers for their phone network. Assurance Wireless currently covers forty states across the USA. The program collaborates with T- Mobiles to provide free phones and phone services to low-income earners. Assurance Wireless is one of the top telecommunication companies on the Lifeline program funded by the Universal Service Fund, with their customers spanning across most US states.
How do I get a new phone from Assurance Wireless?
Not all American citizens are eligible for the Assurance phone service, but your eligibility is based on gross income per family. Your family should either be on or below the recommended state or federal US poverty line. This means that you can get the Assurance Wireless phones if you are on public assistance programs like:
- SNAP Medicaid
- Free Lunch Program
- Section 8 Housing, etc.
- Work First
- Woman and Infant Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
Assurance Wireless Website Help
To check if you qualify for a free government cell phone, you can go to the Assurance Wireless website, go to My Account and confirm your eligibility, as well as available options as they differ between states. One wireline is allowed per household, but if different households share the same address, they are eligible, including people living in nursing homes or homeless shelters. If you have a temporary address, you are eligible for one Assurance Wireless free government phone.
When you go to the Assurance Wireless website, check what you are eligible for in your state, fill the form online, or download and print the application. After you fill it with your name and other details and answer some questions, you can answer the form queries and either choose to mail or fax it. When you apply, you must provide your financial status of proof of income.
If you need any assistance, you can make a call and an Assurance Wireless customer service agent who will answer your queries and guide you through the phone application. The Assurance Wireless website will also give you a page with a list of results when you type in to check the Assurance Wireless compatible phones. Cookies stored on your phone will make it easier to navigate to the Assurance Wireless website, and you do not need to keep looking for it. The customer 2services number is toll-free, so you do not need to worry about phone charges.
What Phones are Compatible With Assurance Wireless?
For the Assurance Wireless services, you cannot just choose any cellphone. You have to look for Assurance Wireless compatible phones. It is one of America’s major telecommunications companies and a government phone provider that does not necessarily demand a phone upgrade. You can use the free government phones or upgrade to a phone from an approved company.
A phone upgrade with an Assurance Wireless compatible phone is a choice you are free to exercise. Assurance Wireless compatible phones from Virgin Mobile and other telecommunication companies, which only work for this service. The following is a list of the Assurance compatible phones you can buy. Android is not a trademark of Assurance Wireless, but Google LL and the other trademarks are also intellectual properties of their respective companies.
Assurance Wireless Compatible Phones
1. Samsung Galaxy J3
- Wireless Carrier: This cellphone is compatible with most of the GSM carriers...
- Enjoy An Unbeatable Visual Experience: TCL 10 SE smartphone brings you sharp and...
- Capture Crisp and Vivid Images: Coming with a high-resolution 16 MP rear AI...
2. TCL 10 SE Unlocked Android Smartphone
- DOES THIS DEVICE NEED A SIM CARD: Yes it does Being that this Cellphone is AT&T...
- WHAT NETWORK FREQUENCIES ARE SUPPORTED BY THIS DEVICE: GSM: GSM850, GSM900,...
- HOW LONG CAN I EXPECT THE BATTERY TO LAST ME: Well the battery has 2600mAh which...
3. Coolpad REVVL Plus
- 6-inch LCD Display
- 13 MP Rear Camera
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 MSM8953 processor
4. Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro
- Compatible with Verizon and AT&T only
- Workflow never stops: Do more with a single device. Capture worksite comments,...
- Power for Hours: Your work does not stop – and neither does the Galaxy XCover...
5. Coolpad Snap 3312A
- 4 GB raw hardware - 1.8 GB available to user - Expandable via memory card...
- 4 GB raw hardware - 1.8 GB available to user - Expandable via memory card...
- 2+ megapixel Camera (dedicated button on side) - Video: CIF (352 x 288)
6. Samsung Galaxy A21s
- 6.5" Infinity-O Display, HD + TFT, 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio, Android 10,...
- 64GB ROM, 4GB RAM, MicroSD (Up to 512GB), Exynox 850, CPU: Octa-core, GPU:...
- Rear Camera - 48 MP (F2.0) + 8 MP (F2.2) + 2 MP (F2.4) + 2 MP (F2.4), Up to 8x...
7. SAMSUNG Galaxy A52 5G Cell Phone
- GAME, STREAM & BINGE ON: Watch your favorite shows, work on your gaming, and...
- WORK FAST, PLAY HARD: Get in the flow and stay there with Galaxy A52 5G; With a...
- EXPANDABLE STORAGE: Take your photos, music, podcasts, and episodes with you,...
8. Samsung Galaxy A10E
9. Motorola Moto E5
- Factory Unlocked cellphones are compatible with most of the GSM carriers such as...
- 5.3" HD Max Vision display - Micro-USB, 3.5 mm headphone jack.
- 16 GB, 1 RAM - Get all the speed you need with a 1.4 GHz Quad-Core Processor -...
10. Apple iPhone 7
- Fully unlocked and compatible with any carrier of choice (e.g. AT&T, T-Mobile,...
- The device does not come with headphones or a SIM card. It does include a...
- Inspected and guaranteed to have minimal cosmetic damage, which is not...
How to Conduct an Assurance Wireless Website Search Query
To conduct a customer search query on the Assurance Wireless website:
- Enter your 10-digit Assurance Wireless number.
- Go to My Account, type in your search query, and the page results will show you what you need to know.
In case of any problems, call their customer service for assistance.
Some of the questions you might need to answer include:
- Your personal information such as name, address, date of birth, home phone number, email address, if any, last four Social Security Number digits, physical address (if it is temporary, check the necessary box)
- Program-based eligibility where you will find a government programs list. Provide proof of program eligibility, provide a copy of Benefits ID, statements of the previous year’s benefits, and a letter from an agency that qualifies you for the program.
- Income-based eligibility provides you with family size, a near accurate gross income, a three-month statement of things like Veteran Benefits Statement, Paystubs, and Unemployed Benefits Statements.
- Provide one of these documents: State or federal tax returns, Federal letter of general Assistance, child support, or divorce documentation.
You may be asking the question; how do I know if my application for a phone was successful? After applying, check after a couple of days on your phone application’s progress by going to the website and entering your account application ID and home zip code.
Here you will know if your phone application has been approved or if your cell phone has been dispatched. The cookies on the Assurance Wireless website do not store any customer information. However, accepting the website’s cookies gives you a better user experience as the cookies are stored in your device and make it easier for you to improve navigation. Please update your web browser; otherwise, it will display an error when you attempt to log into your account.
Due to fraud, stronger measures have been implemented. You can be barred from the Assurance wireless programs for providing false answers or imprisoned. The benefits from the free phone services are not transferable to third parties. You can either take the government phone or afford to upgrade; remember, not all phones from different phone companies are compatible with Wireless Mobile.
You can check for phones compatible with Assurance Wireless and purchase one after providing some answers on the Assurance Wireless website. If you experience any difficulties, call customer services for assistance, and remember to enable cookies for a better user experience.