As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s not uncommon for us to stay up late at night, either on the web, studying, working, reading, or taking part in our favorite hobby. Especially at these hours, we prefer to keep the main lights of the room off. However, what should you do if this is the case, and you still need a source of light?
Inadequate lighting is the cause
How Can a USB LED Lamp Help?
A USB LED lamp can help create a better environment for reading, writing, working, playing instruments, etc. It is a great & affordable solution for people who have a limited amount of space and those who need portable lighting for their work or hobbies.
These lamps are extremely popular to use at desks & work areas because they remove the need
Many musicians are fond of clip-on LED lights so they can read their sheet music much better. These lights can usually run on batteries for a wireless experience for the most convenience when it comes to making proper adjustments and placement.
No matter what you need it for, it is quintessential that you choose a high-grade USB LED light, so you get the best for your money spent. Not sure which lamp is the right one for you? Then you’ve come to the right place. Keep on reading to learn more about the best USB powered LED lights of 2019!
Best LED Lights of 2019
Lumiens L9 Clip On LED Lamp
The design offers the ultimate convenience for its user thanks to a silicon padded clip grip, 78-inch long power cord, an adjustable arm, as well as 3 AA batteries included with your purchase. You can choose from 2 different light brightness levels to suit your preference. Weighing at only 6.6 ounces and the ability to bend to a compact size makes traveling with this lamp a breeze. If you want the best clip-on LED lamp available, then this is your pick right here.
- 81 lumens
- 2 brightness levels
- 9 LEDs
- 12 inch long flexible arm
- 1.75 inch clip opening
- Can be powered by USB, outlet, or 3 AAA batteries
- Weighs 6.6 ounces
- A silicon padded clip grip protects surfaces the light is attached to.
- 3 AA batteries are included which can provide up to 20 hours of non-stop use thanks to low power consumption.
- The large, wide lamp holds 9 LEDs which provides a good amount of light that is flicker-free.
- This LED lamp may not provide your preferred level of brightness.
Our Final Say on the Lumiens L9 Clip On LED Lamp
There is no doubt that this LED lamp can be used for just about any task. The wide, 9 LED lamp is perfectly designed for lighting up a large general area. When it comes down to it, we’ve come to the conclusion that this is the best USB LED light considering its quality, versatility, and fair brightness levels that aren’t either too bright or not bright enough.
SuwaSWE-BL01 Desk Lamp LED Light
If you’re looking for a bright LED light, then the SuwaSWE-BL01 Desk Lamp will fulfill your desires. Packing 22 LEDs, you get brightness levels up to 250 lumens. Adjustable settings allow you to choose from 3 brightness levels; low, medium, or high. A touch-sensitive control panel located on the back of the light makes adjusting the brightness a breeze. The manufacturer chose to go with light temperatures ranging from 5000-6000K to emulate daylight for better quality lighting.
A long, adjustable
- 250 lumens
- 3 brightness levels
- 22 LEDs
- 15 inch long flexible arm
- 2.16 inch clip opening
- Powered by USB & outlet
- Weighs 14.11 ounces
- Excellent illumination with 22 LEDs and 250 lumens.
- The design is slim and sleek, making this a great addition to your desk since it won’t take up much space.
- The charging USB adapter comes with two ports which will add even more convenience to your area.
- You need a power source in order to use this light.
Our Final Say on the SuwaSWE-BL01 Desk Lamp LED Light
We’ve determined that this model has the most attractive design on our list. This USB Lamp is the best option for lighting up stationary desktops. We say this because the larger size and heavier weight make this light not as convenient in terms of portability when compared to other options on our list.
AMIR Rechargeable Clip On LED Light
The AMIR Rechargeable Clip-On LED Light offers users the ability to use this light without needing to clip it onto a desk or ledge. One can simply place this light on a flat surface and enjoy a well-lit area to work, game, read, etc. If you’re someone who enjoys very bright lighting, then you’ll want to pick up the brightest lamp on our list. 16 LEDs offer anywhere from 99 to 384 lumens depending on what setting you set this lamp at. Being an “eye-care” lighting source, this lamp boasts of daylight white brightness to ensure your eyes don’t become strained.
3 different lighting levels are provided; 25%, 50%, and 100%. When you are working off a full charge, you can get up to 10 hours of continuous use on the lowest setting and up to 3 hours on the brightest setting. The interface is touch-sensitive, making it very easy to operate. A free twisted tube allows 360-degree adjustments for maximum position customization. Being on the smaller side, the AMIR Rechargeable LED Light is ideal for traveling and moving around the house.
- 384 lumens
- 3 brightness settings
- 16 LEDs
- 8 inch long flexible arm with 360-degree capabilities
- 1.9 inch clip opening
- Powered by USB & outlet
- Weighs 7.2 ounces
- This lamp offers a bit more customization with it’s range of lumens, adjustability, and small compact size for easier storage.
- It isn’t necessary to clip this lamp onto a desk or ledge. You can stand it on a flat surface.
- The price is extremely affordable.
- A charging block is not included with this light.
Our Final Say on the AMIR Rechargeable Clip On LED Lamp
Thanks to a versatile clip and a compact size, this is one of the best USB LED lamps you can bring around with you wherever you go. It’s awesome that you can choose to stand it up or clip onto a ledge. This is also the brightest light on our list, so if you love bright, then this is your ideal choice.
Lumiens Clip On 2-Arm LED Lamp
Another LED lamp by
The light comes with a long,
- 36 lumens
- 4 LEDs
- 2 separate lights
- 3 brightness levels per light
- 2 adjustable arms, 7 inches each
- 1.5 inch clip opening
- Powered by USB, outlet, or 3 AAA batteries
- Weighs 2 ounces
- Two separate lights with their own adjustable arms offer the most adjustability so you can light your area exactly the way you want.
- The extreme light-weight design allows you to clip this light onto your favorite book easily.
- A silicone clip prevents your tables, shelves, & other furniture from damage.
- At just 36 lumens, this is definitely not the brightest light on our list.
Our Final Say on the Lumiens 2-Arm LED Lamp
If you’re someone who is looking for a good amount of light to bring on the go, then the Lumiens 2-ARM LED Lamp offers a unique solution compared to the others on our list. Two different lights with their own adjustable options offer you insane customization. It’s also super light-weight and can run on batteries, making it perfect for those on the road.
i2 Gear USB LED Light
The final review is of the i2 Gear USB LED Light, which is by far the most portable light we have on our list. What makes this lamp different from the others is the fact that it doesn’t have a clamp that can grasp onto the edge of your desk or table. It needs to be plugged into a USB in order to function. The benefit of this is that this light is much more compatible with laptops and a lot more compact in size. If you don’t have built-in lighting for your laptop keyboard, then the i2 Gear USB LED Light is your ultimate solution.
No need to worry about whether this light works in USB 2.0 or 3.0 ports because it’s compatible with both. The durable arm is 12 inches long, offering a ton of flexibility and room for you to comfortably use your laptop while it’s plugged in. This device has only 2 LEDs and 2 basic settings: 1 LED or 2 LEDs. Weighing only 1 ounce, you can bring this lamp with you anywhere without even noticing it.
- 2 LEDs
- 2 brightness levels
- USB 2.0 & 3.0 compatibility
- 12 inch long adjustable arm
- Powered by USB
- Weighs only 1 ounce
- You can use this USB lamp on any laptop or computer since it works with both 2.0 and 3.0 ports.
- It’s more portable since it doesn’t have a large, clunky clip.
- The long arm offers a good amount of adjustment for such a basic design.
- The brightness is limited since there are only 2 LEDs.
Our Final Say on the i2 Gear USB LED Light
If you want a light to simply light up the general area as you browse the web on your laptop, then you need nothing more than the i2 Gear USB LED Light. It will work on any laptop and barely weighs anything!