- Many gadgets that quite a few of us own are still charged by USB.
- The Nintendo Switch is no different. This is why USB hubs are growing in popularity.
- With so many different technologies owned by individuals, the need for USB hubs is in demand.
What is a USB Hub?
A USB hub is a small device that can be connected to a power device, such as your computer, through one port. Within this USB hub are many USB ports. A USB port is a universal serial bus. This device makes it possible for several of your USB connected devices to be hooked up at once. You can think of it being similar to a power strip for your computer or other electronic devices. Not only are these devices charging, but some of them also transfer data.
Can I plug two devices in a USB hub, and if so, will they be connected together?
You may certainly plug two devices into the USB hub. However, if you do not have a computer, it will be a waste of time. The computer is needed to transfer any data, which is done from the operating system. If you do not have a computer, your two devices will not be connected.
Can a USB Hub get too hot if I leave it plugged in?
Many devices do get warmer as they are plugged in, and a USB Hub is no different. This is usually because it is by the battery. Generally, you do not need to worry about this, though. However, if you do have one that does get warm for no reason, return it for a replacement.
Do new USB Hubs work with old devices?
Yes, new USB hubs will work with old devices. Currently, the standard speed on USB hubs is 3.0. However, your older devices may take more time to charge than a newer device would.
Generally speaking, USB hubs for the Nintendo Switch are not very expensive. The more expensive a USB hub is, the more features it most likely has. Cheap ones typically start around $10, with much more expensive versions costing about $300. Inexpensive ones range from the aforementioned $10 to around $50. These usually have three to ten USB ports and will support 3.0 speeds.
You must look out for knock-off brands at these prices. Look for brands that you have purchased from before.
Midline USB Nintendo Switch USB hubs run from $51 to $100. These will have extra ports so you can plug in more than just your USB devices. At this price range, you can expect to have to connect more than once during the day, as they are known not to be very stable.
Expensive models for USB hubs start at $101 and go up as high as $300. These are the top of the line models that provide a very stable connection. These models will often have more than just the USB Ports.
Features to Consider
There are many important features that you may consider when deciding which USB hub is for you.
- Power Delivery Capabilities
- Transfer Speeds
- Device Compatibility and ports
- Dimensions and weight
What Types Are Available
There are several different types of USB Hubs that are available. These include the following:
- Type A- Often used for gaming consoles, TVs, and computers, this standard connector is flat and rectangular in shape.
- Type B- This square-shaped USB hub is often used for printers or various other computer accessories.
- Type C- This type is considered the universal kind of USB hub. It is rectangular in shape and used for gaming, computers, phones, and so much more.
- Type D- This small and rectangular device is used for older mobile phones so they can be connected to cameras or a computer.
- Type E- This is a mini version of the USB. It is often used for tablets and smartphones or other smaller devices.
The Top Five Nintendo Switch USB Hubs
1) UGREEN USB 3.0 Hub
- 5 in 1 USB 3.0 Ethernet Hub: UGREEN USB to Ethernet Adapter is equipped with a...
- Gigabit High-Speed Network: With the gigabit ethernet port, UGREEN USB 3.0 to...
- 3 x USB 3.0 Ports Up to 5Gbps: UGREEN USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet Hub is designed...
Last update on 2022-07-23 at 04:55
The UGREEN USB 3.0 Hub works especially great for MacBook Air, Nintendo Switch, iMac, iMac Pro, Surface Laptop, Ultrabook, notebooks, and computers featuring a USB A interface. The USB hub Ethernet adapter Simply helps you to connect up to 3 USB A devices to your PC or laptop, such as an external hard drive, USB Flash Drive, mouse, keyboard, USB headphones, speakers, or a USB webcam. UGREEN USB 3.0 Hub is also compatible with Linux, Mac OS, Windows Vista, as well as IEEE 802.3, 802.3U, and 802.3ab (10baset-t, 100baset-tx, and 1000baset-t). Chipset AX88179.
- Very easy to set up/ no settings to configure
- Great customer support
- Has a noticeable speed increase over the built-in WiFi
- Additional ports are very handy
- Widely compatible
- Did not last as long as it should have
- Had a tendency to freeze up
2) Sabrent 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub
- Expansion: Instantly add 4 USB 3.0 Ports to Any compatible device. Transform a...
- Convenience: LED Indicators display power status for each port. Individual...
- Speed: Supports transfer speeds of up to 5Gbps (USB 3.0), 480Mbps (USB 2.0), &...
Last update on 2022-09-08 at 15:55
The Sabrent 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub features no setup. You simply plug it in, and you can play. This 3.0 hub can be used for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10, Mac OS 9.0 or higher, or Linux 2.4 and above. It will transfer data up to ten times faster than a 2.0 USB. The Sabrent 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub does have an optional PS-5V4A power adapter that is sold separately. It comes with an 8-inch built-in USB connection cable.
- Excellent price point
- Superior quality
- Can not be used for charging your devices
- Wireless devices may not work when in close proximity to this USB Hub
3) UGREEN Ethernet Adapter 2.0 USB Hub
- More Stable Wired Network: Compared to a WIFI connection, the UGREEN USB to...
- Compatible with Nintendo Switch: This USB Ethernet Adapter is perfectly...
- 100Mbps Fast Speed: UGREEN USB to Network Adapter can up to 100Mbps data...
Last update on 2022-07-23 at 09:58
The UGREEN Ethernet Adapter 2.0 USB Hub is compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP, Mac OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12, Linux Kernel 3.X/2.6, and Chrome OS, as well as the Nintendo Switch and the Wii. No external power is required. It features fast and reliable connections that are faster than many wireless. File transferring, video conferencing, HD video streaming, and gaming are all possible with the UGREEN Ethernet Adapter 2.0 USB Hub.
- Excellent price point
- Works right out of the box
- More consistent and stable than wireless
- The company reaches out to offer tech support
- Works for Roku TV
- Does not support Windows RT, or Android
- Can not be used with a Fire Stick
- The adapter gets hot after a while
4) RREAKA 4-in-1 Type C USB Hub
- ►【2022 Upgraded OLED Switch Dock】The USB C to HDMI adapter work without...
- ►【Portable Dock & Dissipate Heat】With pocket-size and Aluminium alloy...
- ►【Dex Station】Turn your Samsung Galaxy Note S21/S20/S20...
Last update on 2022-07-26 at 08:16
The REAKA 4-in-1 Type C USB Hub allows you to stream from anywhere through this inexpensive and lightweight USB hub. It is compatible with many devices, including Macbook, iMac, MacBook Air 2018, Chrome Pixelbook, Huawei Matebook /HuaweiMobile Mate10//P10/P20/ P20 Pro, Chromebook Flip / ZenBook3 / ASUS ZenBook Pro/ Asus ZenBook Flip/ ASUS Transformer 3 Pro T303UA, and many others. The 4 in 1 adapter features 1 USB 2.0 Transfers data, 1 charging laptop through Type-C female interface with up to 60W automatically adaptive, 1 Support video resolution up to 4K UHD(3840×2160) 30Hz that is downward compatible with 1080P, 720P, and 1 USB 3.0 Transfers data at superfast speeds of up to 5Gbps.
- Super compatible
- Lightweight and compatible
- Allows you to stream from anywhere
- Comes with an 18-month warranty
- Fast and friendly customer support and technical support
- This adapter needs extra power resource to display the game on a monitor when using the Nintendo Switch
- Stopped working at a short while
5) USB C to HDMI USB Hub Dock for Nintendo Switch
- Work as Original Huge Switch Dock: This is an exclusive designed USB-C HDMI...
- Stay Away from Overheat: Every gamer knows the Nintendo Switch Dock will heat...
- Portable and Convenient USB C HDMI Nintendo Switch: Compact and lightweight...
Last update on 2022-07-23 at 09:58
The USB C to HDMI USB Hub Dock for Nintendo Switch can quickly and easily identify your device. The charging port allows you to play while you are charging, or you may transfer files while charging. It features lightweight aluminum casing, and this Hub dock is easy to install, allowing you to all three ports at the same time.
- Small and lightweight
- Fast transmission
- Compatible performance
- Plug and play performance
- Short circuit protection
- Overcurrent and overload protection
- Excellent customer support
- The adapter doesn’t support Wii U switch, PSP, XBOX
If you consider yourself a technology geek or a gadget guy, you will find a need for USB for Nintendo Switches. These hubs are essential if you have a lot of devices that you want to be plugged in all at once. They come in very handy and are considered by many people that not only like to game but those that need to transfer files or pictures from one device to another. We hope that you enjoyed our top five Nintendo Switch USB hub buyer’s guide and have found the one that is right for you.