The Best Omnidirectional Tv Antennas in 2021
- If you are searching for a TV antenna, you need to know that there are two types of antennas, directional and omnidirectional. In this article, we shall talk about buying the best omnidirectional TV antenna.
- An omnidirectional TV antenna picks signals from all directions (360 degrees) and is better than the traditional over-the-air (OTA) antennas as it does not require manual intervention.
- An omni antenna provides crisp, clear picture quality and a broader reception range of channels. Most omni-TV antennas are built for outdoor HDTV, but some models are designed for indoor use.
- Buying the best omni antenna needs some research on its efficiency and best signal range. You can get an excellent signal strength with a long-range omnidirectional TV antenna than with a satellite or cable TV. This is because with an omnidirectional antenna, the signal is not compressed and gives you more clarity, and you can watch a range of channels for free.
- Long-range antennas can receive a signal up to 100 miles, and if you live near a TV tower, there is no need to buy a long-range omnidirectional antenna. A long-range antenna is useful if you live further away from the TV tower.
- ✅ 360 ° Omni-Directional Reception - Receive signal from all directions, no...
- ✅ Up To 150+ Miles Range And Watch What You Want - This 150 mile range hdtv...
- ✅ Enjoy Clear HD Channels - This best quality model can receive free full HD...
- [360° OMNI-DIRECTIONAL RECEPTION] 100% Receive signal from all directions, no...
- [SHIELDS AGAINST INTERFERENCE] Build-in 4G LTE Filter shields against...
- [RECEIVE up to 150+ MILES RANGE and WATCH WHAT YOU WANT] This high range HDTV...
- 🏘️【Long Range Digital Amplified Outdoor TV Antenna】- Exclusive Smart...
- 📡【360° Omni-Driectional Reception】- Receive UHF/VHF signals from all...
- 📺【One TV Output】- The outdoor HD TV antenna is uniquely designed to...
- Digital Reception Range: 50+ Miles (360° Omnidirectional)
- Compatible with all HDTV's and 4K TV's
- Includes: Mounting Bracket for Mounting to a Wall, Mast Pole or an Existing...
- 360° Reception achieve signal complete coverage. No need to adjust the antenna...
- Shields against interference build in 4G LTE Filter, blocks 3G and 4G wireless...
- Delivers the correct range for YOU】ANTOP exclusive technology-smart pass...
- An Antenna Made for Cord-Cutters — The Winegard Elite 360 receives VHF and...
- Omnidirectional Reception — Pick up signal from all directions, no rotor or...
- State-of-the-Art Amplification — The built-in preamplifier boosts the signal...
- 720° “COMPLETE COVERAGE” RECEPTION: 360° Vertical + 360° Horizontal...
- AESTHETICALLY CLEAN DESIGN - Creative design in light weight aimed for simple...
- SHIELDS AGAINST INTERFERENCE - Build in 4G LTE Filter shields against...
- 1. 360 °Omni-directional reception - receive signal from all directions, no...
- 2. Up to 150 miles range and watch what you want - up to 150miles depends on it...
- 3. Enjoy free HD channels - This best quality model can receive free full HD...
- [360° Omni-directional reception]: receives signals from all directions. No...
- [Waterproof & Anti-UV]: with high tech supported, This sleek durable antenna...
- [Extra large antenna diameter]: ensure the stability of signal reception, 15...
- Omnidirectional over-the-air antenna brings you HDTV for free
- Multi-directional signal acquisition (no pointing required) receives free...
- Always ready for travel (no need to crank up or down)
Last update on 2023-05-29 at 15:30
Pros and Cons of Omni Antennas
Omnidirectional antennae have advantages and disadvantages.
- It is easy to install and requires no adjustment or realignment when the network shifts/changes because of network issues or new sites.
- Receives signal from all directions in 360-degree angles. If one tower is faulty or congested, you can get a signal from other towers.
- Omnidirectional antennas receive interference from every direction, which downgrades performance.
- The gain of the Omni antenna is lower, making the throughput lower compared to the directional antennas.
Buying Guide: How to Choose the Best Omni Antenna
When buying the best omnidirectional antenna, you need to be careful not to buy a fake omnidirectional antenna. There are a few things you can do to ensure you get the best omni antenna.
Range and Signal Reception
The reception range is an essential factor to consider when choosing the best omnidirectional TV antenna. The mile range describes the distance from which the omni antenna can get signals.
Your distance from the broadcasting tower also helps you to find out your omnidirectional TV antenna mile range. You should at least pick an omni antenna that supports at least 70 miles to 150 miles range. Some of the best omnidirectional antennas support a long range of up to 150 miles.
If you can, pick an omni antenna with extra range support to allow you to watch more channels for free.
Some factors like environment can contribute to a poor or excellent signal reception. When buying, let the seller know where you live so that they can let you know the channels for free and available in your region. Get an omni antenna that supports both UHF and UVF.
Whether the Antenna is Outdoor or Indoor
Depending on your location, you can get the best indoor or the best outdoor TV antenna. If you live close to a TV tower, you can get an indoor TV antenna, while if you live further away, it would be best to get an omnidirectional outdoor TV antenna.
The best omnidirectional TV antennas designed for indoor use are compact and lightweight. You can install the omnidirectional Tv antennas near a window or wall in your home for it to work best.
The best outdoor TV antenna is heavyweight and can withstand harsh weather conditions like rain, wind, and snow. Depending on what you need, you can choose between the two types of omnidirectional TV antennas, which comprise either an indoor or omnidirectional outdoor antenna.
Most omnidirectional TV antennas have built-in TV amplifiers. They boost the signal to give you an uninterrupted network. An amplified TV antenna is useful if you want to split the signal from a single omni directional antenna to two TVs. However, some tests have shown that an amplified TV antenna may sometimes amplify distortion.
This includes noise such as electrical interference and reception from other nearby stations, which distort your picture quality. These antennas receive VHF and UHF signals from the broadcast towers. The signal transmission may face interference from 3G and 4G mobile networks. This causes the antennas to have problems in identifying signals for varying channels.
If you buy an amplified antenna, you can turn it off if your reception is good. If your reception is poor, turn it on and rescan the channels to see if the reception will improve.
The best omnidirectional outdoor antenna has a4G filter and an inbuilt pre-amplifier. The 4G filter works to remove the interference caused by mobile network signals. The pre-amplifier clarifies the signal strength, offering you a clear 4K or FHD on your TV.
The best omni antenna is one that is easy to install. Numerous omnidirectional antennas can be manually installed and do not involve a lot of work. This saves on paying for installation costs. Most omni directional antennas have a DIY (Do it yourself) design and make it easier for anyone to install them on walls, masts, poles, or wherever you want.
Omnidirectional Tv antennas with a high gain can catch signals and amplify them. The higher the antenna gain, the more channels you can view. The performance of the antenna depends on the antenna’s gain or mile range.
Antenna gain is measured in decibels and indicates how well the antenna can focus energy from one direction. High gain values such as 7 to 12 decibels are better than lower antenna gains. However, you should look at the overall performance of the omnidirectional antenna, not just the antenna gain,
The omnidirectional Tv antennas that offer over-the-air Tv channels have designated radio frequencies. Your TV antenna should work within a specific frequency.
These frequencies are VHF, UHF, and VHF-Hi. To get the best performance out of your antenna, you need to understand these frequencies. The best outdoor omnidirectional TV antennas come with a dual-band reception, allowing you to get more channel options in 4K or HD, depending on the antenna’s specs.
Check Customer Reviews
Before you buy a particular omnidirectional antenna, do your research and go online to check out customer reviews. This way, you know how to make the best choice and what to expect of every brand.
The price is a factor to consider. Evaluate your needs and look for an antenna within your budget range if you are on a budget.
For people who are not tech-savvy, buying an omni directional antenna might prove to be a chore. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions.
What is the best omnidirectional antenna?
The best Omnidirectional TV Antenna is the one that best suits your needs. If you live in an area with good reception, you can get an indoor antenna, and if the reception is poor, an outdoor antenna.
Do omnidirectional TV antennas work?
Yes, they work because they pick signals from all directions (360-degree angles). There are two types of omnidirectional antennas. Indoor antennas work well with UHF frequencies while outdoor Tv antenna provides long-range coverage. Each type of antenna has its benefits and advantages.
Is directional or omni antenna better?
Both these antennas have their advantages and disadvantages. The directional antennas are recommended more as it is compatible with the frequency bands and has better gains. However, each type of TV antenna has its advantages depending on the situation.
What is the best antenna for a TV without cable?
The best TV antenna without cable is either an indoor or outdoor omnidirectional cable, which will give you free TV channels.
How High Should Your Antenna be?
The higher you mount your omnidirectional TV antenna, the better its performance. The best position is to position the antenna 30 feet above the ground for a better over-the-air connection with the TV tower.
What is the difference between an omnidirectional and a directional antenna?
Omnidirectional antennas receive signals from all directions (360-degree angles), while the directional antenna works best when directed towards the TV tower that you need channels from.
How do I distinguish analog and high definition TV antennas?
Most people assume that some antennas support digital and others analog. All television antennas have UHF and VHF frequencies, and all antennas can support high definition broadcasts.
Must I buy a VHF and UHF TV antenna?
Most broadcasts in America are done via over-the-air TV signals in both UHF and VHF. To avoid interruptions, it is advisable to buy an omni antenna. Omni antennas work best in clear and unobstructed locations. If you have obstructions, choose an outdoor antenna and fix it on your rooftop above any trees for better reception.
How many channels can I get when using an omnidirectional TV antenna?
If your distance from the TV tower is 100 or 150 miles, you can get at least 40 channels for free. However, most people get at least 20 clear channels depending on the range.
Can I connect my antenna to several TVs in my house?
Yes, you can. Some devices, such as four-way splitters, can be used to connect all the TVs to one antenna. The splitter is linked via a long coaxial cable to the TV.
Can I use My satellite dish as my antenna?
Using your old satellite dish will not work as a (high definition) HDTV antenna. The best thing would be to invest in an omni antenna that receives signals in 360-degree angles.
Is an Amplified Antenna Worth it?
Most tests reveal that an amplified omnidirectional TV antenna is not always the best as they also amplify distortion and noise from nearby stations.
Are Attic Antennas Better than Outdoor Antennas?
Indoor antennas are best suited for strong signals, while the attic TV antenna works in areas with medium signal reception.
Does My Smart TV have an Inbuilt antenna?
Smart TVs have inbuilt antennas, but only for Wifi and Bluetooth connectivity. They do not have inbuilt antennas for free TV channels, so you must make a separate HDTV antenna purchase.
Buying an HDTV antenna needs careful consideration. You need to decide whether you need a directional or omnidirectional TV antenna. The best omnidirectional TV antenna has many advantages, the most important being that it can receive signals from all directions or 360-degree angles.
Evaluate your HDTV antenna needs and the location you live in. Make comparisons between various antennas from different brands, comparing their specs, then choose from among the best omnidirectional TV antennas.
A high-quality antenna is an investment, especially if you want to view all the available channels. This device plays a big role in increasing the quality of your TV’s reception and the number of channels. You can choose among the many antennas in the market, but be careful of fake antennas.