Games do not always meet our expectations. Sometimes they don’t work well, sometimes they are lowered to half the price the next day, or it’s just not what we expected. For this reason, Steam provides us with a system to request refunds. We show you all the steps to follow to get your money back.
How to get your money back
First step: Go to the Steam support page. Be sure to log in with your account. Otherwise, you will not be able to continue. You can also enter from the same Steam program by pressing the “Help” button. The last, more direct way is to select in the library the game to refund and enter “Support” in the list of links on the right.
Step 2: In the Steam support menu, select “Purchases.”
Step 3: Then click on “View full purchase history,” which is the last option on the page. If the game to be refunded is on the list of the last month’s purchases, you can select it and proceed to step 4.
Step 4: In the window, all purchased games and other transactions you have made on Steam will be displayed. You just have to click on the game you want to return, although you have to check when you bought the game.
Step 5: In the selected game, choose the option “I want a refund.” It will take you to another page where you will have to click on the button, “I would like to request a refund.” This way, the refund process will finally open up to you.
Step Six: You are already in the final step! Select the issue with the game, write a few comments if you think it is necessary and, when the request is ready, press the “Send Request” button.
Conditions for steam refunds
- There can be no more than 14 days after the purchase of the game, although there are some exceptions. Also includes DLC (downloadable content), non-exchanged gifts and packages.
- You must not have played more than two hours in total
- In the case of pre-purchase, the refund can be requested at any time until the game is released. After the game has started, the two previous rules apply.
- Refunds will be made within one week of approval. The purchase value will be sent to the Steam portfolio or your bank account, depending on the purchase method you used.
- As mentioned above, there are some exceptions. Steam workers state that they assess each reimbursement case, even those who do not meet any of the above rules.
You will not be able to claim a refund if:
- You’ve been expelled by the VAC system.
- If you send several requests in a short period of time, Valve will eventually deny you the right.